ONLINE & IN PERSON
HIGH SCHOOL ENGLISH & UNIVERSITY TUTORING with
Qualified English and Drama high school teacher. (BA/BED at UNSW)
Current Masters student at James Cook University with a HD average
Blue card approved
Track record of assisting students to improve results and gain confidence
Able to tutor online anywhere in Australia or in person in Cairns
High School English Tutoring
IN PERSON IN CAIRNS (CBD + 15KM) OR ONLINE
As an experienced high school English teacher, I understand the content, skills and teaching and learning strategies that can help students to excel in English. I can shape tutoring sessions that assist students in the following areas:
- Essay writing - structuring your essay, constructing a solid argument that answers the question, preparing for essay writing in exams.
- Constructing different text types - including persuasive texts, poetry, letters to the editor, articles, speeches and more.
- Grammar and comprehension tasks - reviewing your work and ensuring that you build confidence in the correct use of grammar.
- Oral tasks - planning and executing your speech so that you have an engaging and confident presentation.
- Text analysis and reviews - assistance to decode and locate the information you need to analyse and review a text and construct a critical review.
- Exam preparation skills to gain confidence and limit anxiety - help to plan and prepare so that you feel calm and skilled going into exams.
- Content relating to the Australian curriculum - exercises and tasks are tied in to curriculum outcomes and requirements.
- Confidence building - so that over time, students gain confidence and enjoyment in the tasks and study they are undertaking.
Each session is aimed to assist students to achieve and learn skills and also gain confidence so that they can make the best of class time. Students are encouraged to work on their tasks and homework in sessions so that they have the option to get specialised teaching and insight relating to their class work.
Parents are welcome to contact me for an initial 20 min free-of-charge conversation about the requirements and learning needs of your child. I will provide an update after each session to you so you are able to understand and asses the ongoing needs for your child and also assist them in their learning journey.
University & Academic Tutoring
Do you need assistance getting on top of your assessments
or fine-tuning your academic writing skills?
I am a Masters student at JCU and also a qualified high school English teacher. Based in Cairns, I can come to Cairns locations for personalised tutoring sessions or run session online to ensure you meet and excel at your academic writing, oral and presentation tasks. I can assist you to understand if you have met the requirements of each rubric and work with you to achieve results in your assessment tasks. I can assist you to edit work and with academic referencing and execution of tasks.
If you are not achieving the marks that you had hoped for, I can assist you to look at the feedback you have had and work with you to improve your capabilities to improve your marks and confidence.
If you need assistance preparing for exams, I can also work with you to fine-tune a personalised study plan and execute some strategies to remove the stress and worry from exam time.
For personalised tutoring, I can come to the JCU Cairns campus or organise to meet you in Cairns (within 15km of the CBD) or I have a range of ways that we can co-ordinate online sessions for anywhere around Australia using Zoom, Skype and apps such as Whiteboard especially with the challenges around social distancing at this time.
For a FREE 20 min call to discuss your personal tutoring needs please contact Nikki:
p: 0499 490 030
ReFERENCES & TESTIMONIALS
I highly recommend Nikki to assist students with academic writing, structuring and crafting written responses and presentations for assessment tasks and building confidence in public speaking and oral tasks. Nikki is an exemplary Masters student at James Cook University with a high distinction average. She is kind and calm and will be a great asset to students requiring assistance with their study at any level. Nikki also holds a teaching certificate and has taught in high schools and is successfully home schooling her 3 children.
Dr. Janice Scarinci
Master International Hospitality and Tourism Management
Parents are welcome to contact me for an initial 20 min free-of-charge conversation about the requirements and learning needs of your child.
I will provide an update after each session to you so you are able to understand and asses the ongoing needs for your child and also assist them in their learning journey.
© Copyright Cairns Tutoring